mercoledì 21 agosto 2013

EA reveals, not surprisingly, the freemium future of FIFA Mobile

EA has today announced yet another of their premium mobile titles will be heading down the freemium route. The next release of FIFA Mobile – or, FIFA 14 as it'll likely be known as its console equivalent – was the topic of discussion during EA's Gamescom press conference in Germany. Ben Gilbert of Engadget:

Apparently that free-to-play ethos is extending to FIFA mobile as well. This year's FIFA mobile will arrive free of charge.

It's hardly a surprise, since Real Racing 3 and Plants vs Zombies 2 are also premium EA titles that adopt the same method of monetization. But it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. I buy, and enjoy the console version of FIFA every single year, without fail, because it gives me the premium football – that's soccer, to everyone in the U.S. – experience I'm looking for. FIFA 13 on mobile brought some of that same great experience, and at a reasonable price point as well.

I'm not going to completely tear it apart until I've had a chance to try it out for myself. But dammit, why isn't there a premium paid option as well, completely free of in-app purchases for those who are willing to drop $10, $15 or maybe more. I've been playing FIFA in one shape or another since 1995, I just hope EA doesn't tarnish its good name now by nickel and diming players until they get bored and delete it. I'm not alone, right?

Source: Engadget


    






Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheIphoneBlog/~3/bqnYvv_gaDs/story01.htm

QUALCOMM QUANTA COMPUTER RESEARCH IN MOTION ROGERS COMMUNICATIONS SAIC

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento