giovedì 29 marzo 2012

DirecTV's latest HD interface comes to the five tuner HR34 DVR

DirecTV HD user interface
Even if you don't have DirecTV, you've probably heard of the HR34 if you're into DVRs. That's because it's the only DVR from a provider that can record five HD shows at once and it also works in multiple rooms of the house thanks to RVU. All that upside came with a big downside, though, the old and ugly DirecTV DVR user interface. We figured it was only a matter of time before DirecTV's new HD user interface made it's way to the big daddy, and now Solid Signal reports that it's everything you've been waiting for with only slight differences from the HR24. No word on exactly when this update will roll out to HR34 DVRs everywhere, but we suspect it can't be long now.

DirecTV's latest HD interface comes to the five tuner HR34 DVR originally appeared on Engadget on Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:48:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink   |  sourceSolid Signal  | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/29/directvs-latest-hd-interface-comes-to-the-five-tuner-hr34-dvr/

GOOGLE GOOGLE FORMFACTOR FISERV FIRST SOLAR

2 commenti:

  1. I am sure all of those DirecTV customers who are stuck with that old, clunky interface are eagerly awaiting this upgrade. I still can’t understand why DirecTV would launch a shiny brand new receiver without an equally shiny and new interface. Next time they should take a cue from my employer DISH and update the interface BEFORE they launch a new receiver. That’s what they did with my new Hopper whole-home DVR. Never has flipping through the guide and menus been so pleasant. They even managed to include the logos of each channel in the menu making it so much easier to find your favorite channels. I wonder how long those DirecTV customers will have to wait for their upgrade.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I am so glad that Dish took the time to release the Hopper with a refined interface because gave them the ability to focus on new features with their updates. Dish recently updated my Hopper with support for Pandora Radio and they expanded my recording space to 500 hours of HD! Those were great additions, but I think the new Auto Hop feature is the best thing I have ever seen on a DVR. When ever I play a show from Primetime Anytime I am given the option to skip the commercial breaks for that show. I never knew an episode of NCIS could be so captivating until I watched one completely uninterrupted. Auto Hop helps me save time too, I can watch more shows because I’m not wasting time with commercials.

      Elimina